Director of Finance- Broome County Council of Churches
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Assure timely, accurate and transparent accounting, handling and reporting of all Council financial and fund activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Provide accurate, concise and complete financial reports and recommendations to the Board of Directors and/or the Executive Committee on a monthly basis. Identify, analyze and explain significant financial variances when necessary.
• Serve as a member and advisor to the Finance/Audit/Investment Committee.
• Assist in contract management with HPNAP, FEMA, Broome County Jail, UHS, et al. and process monthly reimbursement paperwork and/or generate invoices to ensure payment is in compliance with contract terms.
• Work closely with Executive Director and Program Directors to forecast and develop a proposed budget to present to the Finance/Budget committee for review and analyzing.
• Maintain banking relations and monitor investment fund activity. Project and maintain cash flow to meet all Council monetary obligations. Execute financial documents on behalf of the Council.
• Develop reports and queries necessary for Directors to efficiently manage their programs and further Development efforts.
• Supervise Receptionist/Secretary to ensure front desk staff represents the Council in a professional manner at all times. Ensure someone is scheduled to work at the front desk during Council’s business hours. Work with receptionist and Dev. Director to ensure that all acknowledgement letters are mailed to constituents in a timely manner.